It’s Time to Go Mobile Infographic
It’s Time to Go Mobile
According to MobiThinking®, at the end of 2011, there were 6 billion mobile subscribers world-wide. By the end of
2016, there will be 8 billion mobile subscribers. In other words, a mobile phone or device for nearly every person on the planet, accessing the Internet.
- Smartphones sold 472 million and sales went up by 58%.
- Tablets sold 73.3 million and about 25.5% share of the mobile PC market.
- Mobile subscribers outnumber fixed by 5:1.
- Mobile broadband outnumbers fixed by 2:1.
- 17% of the global population (about 1.2 billion) active mobile-broadband subscriptions have been activated in 2011.
- Top 3 countries with active mobile broadband subscriptions: Korea, Japan, and Sweden.
Reaching mobile consumers
- 63% Search as a result of offline ads such as TV, magazine, billboards.
- 87% Click on mobile ads.
- 59% Look only at first page of search results on phone.
General mobile use
- 52% Own a smartphone.
- 54% Search on their mobile phone daily.
- 65% Access the Internet daily.
- 94% Research a produst or service on a smartphone.
- 28% Make a purchase on a smartphone.
- 22% Change minds about buying in-store as a result of searching.
- 48% Use smartphones while watching TV.
- 80% Use a smartphone while consuming other media.
- 46% Use a smartphone while listening to music.
Mobile payments, commerce, and retail
People make ourchase after searching on:
- 79% In-store
- 74% Mobile
- 59% PC
- 35% Smartphone
- 27% Mobile site
- 22% Mobile app
Mobile Financial Service
- Much more than purchases and growing fast!
- Banking and money transfers are the most popular, especially local and internatiol person-to-person money transfers.
- This is more popular than banking especially in developing countries where there are “unbanked” populations.
Mobile Marketing & Advertising
In Australia, 87% of consumers click on mobile ads! (Source: Insider’s Guide to Mobile Marketing in Australia, MobiThinking®). But only 28% make a purchase with a smartphone, compared to 49% globally. Why is this? According to PriceWaterhouseCoopers, this is because only 25% of websites are optimised for mobile. Think of the market share you can capture by going mobile!
How web optimization for mobile affects your business
- 42% Click on a mobile ad
- 35% Visit the site
- 32% Search for more information
- 49% Make a purchase
- 27% Call the business
Mobilising your website
- Mobile-friendly domain name strategy gets it right from the start.
- Managed CMS platforms help reach your audience anywhere, in any format.
- Improves conversion rate, maximising the potential of your mobile web.
- Mobile website optimisation pulls in more customers.
Best practices for creating mocontent
- Be content-concise
- Simple navigation; minimize scrolling, keep it vertical
- Catchy design! Landing page is the most important! Remember, 59% of consumers look ONLY at the first page of search results
- Page size matters; crunch images
- Think tap, not click
- Accessible across all mobile devices
- Make it local
- Make it easy to buy!
- Make it seamless across desktop and mobile
- Create ads specifically for mobile users, make sure they land on a mobile site
- Create separate mobile campaigns
- Listen, learn, test, iterate